In Vivo Research Associate for Immunology & Animal Models
XBiotech is a fully integrate global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to a pioneering the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic antibodies based on its True HumanTM proprietary technology. XBiotech is currently advancing a robust pipeline of antibody therapies to exceed the standards of care in oncology, inflammatory disorders and infectious diseases.
· Assist research staff and co-workers in performing technical procedures, including preparation and administration of compounds.
· May collect animal blood, feces, urine and other specimens.
· Provide basic husbandry care for a small animal species and rotate feeds and water as required.
· Observe animals on a daily basis to assess health, environmental conditions, and social environment; monitors animals for impact of research and advises team members.
· Maintain lab and storage areas on a weekly basis.
· Sanitize equipment and instruments according to established procedures.
· Practice safe, environmental and/or infection control methods in handling of BSL2 samples.
· Perform basic immune-based in vitro experimentation, mammalian & bacterial cell culture techniques.
· Comply with IACUC and AALAS guidelines on the care and use of experimental animals in research.
· Ensure animal rooms are kept clean and organized.
· Receive and verify shipments of animals; store animal feeds and supplies.
· Maintain cage cards, animal histories, and other records as required.
· Maintain database records and write reports
· Perform other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology or Microbiology
At least 1 year of experience working with mice is required.
Ability to dose rodents by conventional routes (IV, SC, IP, PO, IM)
Experience in rodent tissue and blood collection.
A working knowledge of immune-based in vitro assay.
Common molecular technique.
Highly self-motivated, ability with prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Proficiency with standard software and some data analysis skills (MS Excel, MS Word, etc).