Senior RF Systems Engineer
VOCAL is in search of an RF engineer who is highly capable in implementing solutions for various wireless technologies including cellular, RF and WiFi. Engineer will be joining team responsible for designing, developing, coding and testing solutions through productization. The ideal candidate has industry experience achieving real-time embedded fixed point solutions.
Competitive candidates will have:
- Completed or be pursuing a PhD in a field related to RF/Digital Signal Processing.
- Embedded programming experience
- Solid understanding of RF hardware and system design including system-level grounding, shielding, isolation and electromagnetic interference mitigation.
- Deep comprehension of RF link budget, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC operation and optimization techniques for different jammer conditions.
- Understanding of RF component characteristics and have experience using lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer.
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware is a plus
- Knowledge on co-existence mitigation scheme, MAC/PHY and throughput performance, and programming/scripting skills (i.e. Python, MATLAB) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
- Designing fast and efficient DSP algorithms for implementation on embedded processors.
- Analyzing the performance impact of algorithms by estimating the processing resources such as MIPS, ROM and RAM.
- Coordinating software and hardware development activities with other engineers such as prototyping and tuning algorithms
- Testing performance
- Research on new technologies and how they can be incorporated in VOCALs custom products for improvement.
About VOCAL Technologies LTD
VOCAL Technologies is a design house dedicated to providing innovative solutions to our customers engineering problems.
VOCAL has over 34 years of expertise in telecommunications engineering for the industrial, commercial and military/DoD markets with comprehensive product designs, system integration, and software and hardware engineering. Recent products and technologies include beamforming, cloud based communications systems, video surveillance, voice and data RF devices, secure government devices, lawful interception software, ATAs, VoIP clients and servers, medical devices, radios, embedded modems, T.38 fax, FoIP, MoIP, and RASoIP. Custom engineering designs range from turn-key solutions to complete designs including hardware, software and integration into finished products.