Customer Service Representative
- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
- 09/02/2021 to 09/16/2021
- Pay scale & grade
- GS 9 - 11
- $46,083 to $72,487 per year
- The Salary Range above reflects the employee's base salary. Locality Pay will be added based on the location of the employee's residence.
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Location Negotiable After Selection, United States
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
United States Citizens
- You will serve as a Customer Service Representative for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Field Operations Center West - FOCW in Citrus Heights, California or Field Operations Center West- FOCW in Citrus Heights, CA. This position provides assistance to individuals and business owners with completion of their disaster loan application(s), including financial documentation required in support of each application.
- Learn more about this agency
- As a Customer Service Representative at the GS-1101-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Assisting with completing home and business loan applications electronically and communicating disaster loan program information to disaster survivors.
- Explaining loan closing documents to borrowers and assisting in closing approved disaster loans.
- Using computer skills to input disaster survivor information to complete loan applications, utilize e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and the Internet, and to navigate within a database to input and retrieve information.
- Performing some financial computations/analyses to determine applicants' ability to repay loans.
- Overseeing operations at multiple locations within a disaster area as an Officer in Charge or as a team lead in a disaster recovery center.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
- The salary range above reflects the employee's base salary. Locality Pay will be added based on the location of the employee's residence.
- Your primary residence is considered your official duty station.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- Occasional travel - You may be required to travel to a disaster site during increased disaster activity for extended periods with little or no advanced notice. If so, you may encounter hazardous working and/or living conditions; i.e., no water or electricity and/or minimal lodging facilities. Travel expenses are compensated based on SBA policy and Federal regulations.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card. Favorable background investigation and credit check are required. Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).Credit Score must be at least 500.Must provide high-speed Internet of 5 Mbps or greater and either a cellular (unlimited talk usage) or landline telephone. Internet cannot be through a cellular phone. Hot Spot connectivity is not permitted.
- Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both. Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
- GS-09: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-07 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Using computer programs such as MS Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer, and
- Responding to a variety of business related customer inquiries and providing program information to the public; and
- Working as a member of a team or group to achieve goals, objectives or metrics to produce deliverables; and/or
- Working with financial documents: such as, tax returns, income (profit and loss) statements, schedules of liabilities, balance sheets, etc.
- GS-11: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-09 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Using computer programs such as MS Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer; and
- Responding to a variety of customer financial inquiries and/or providing financial information to the public; and
- Working with various financial documents such as tax returns, income (profit and loss) statements, schedules of liabilities and balance sheets for individuals or businesses; and
- Leading a team and providing oversight of the quality of work, while further developing staff, and assuring adherence with established policies and procedures.
- If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts by the closing date of this announcement or you will not be found eligible.
- GS-09: Master's degree or equivalent, in a related field, from an accredited college or university or two full years (36 semester hours or equivalent) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a related field.
- GS-11: Ph. D or equivalent doctoral degree, in a related field, from an accredited college or university or three full years (54 semester hours or equivalent) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a related field.
- A combination of experience and education as indicated above.
- Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the above requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, click on this link.
- Qualification Standards: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
- If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Trust determination process
- Required Documents
- To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- 1. Your Resume showing average hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- 2. Completed Questionnaire
- Preview at:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11224681
- 3. Other supporting documents, such as:
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted during the application process; however, official transcripts will be required if selected.
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 or other DD-214 copy showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
- Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window
- Learn more about federal benefits.
- Review our benefits
- Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
- To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/16/2021 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application.
- Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- Read more
Agency contact information
- Field Operations Center West - FOCW
- 6501 Sylvan Road
- Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- Learn more about this agency
- Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email.