From ensuring a fun, carefree environment for guests and employees to quickly responding to emergency medical calls, the ability to anticipate issues, act quickly, and diffuse situations while maintaining composure are key characteristics essential to being a successful AEMT/Security Officer at the Tennessee Aquarium.
The Aquarium is fortunate to have a chance to make a difference every day - for the animals, for conservation, and for it's guests. It provides a team-based culture where partnership, collaboration, and innovation are essential. The Aquarium is fully committed to creating a diverse, positive, challenging, and rewarding work environment that encourages both professional and personal growth.
- Provide emergency medical response to visitors or employees with an injury/illness
- Interact with visitors and employees in a pleasant informative manner that insures both goodwill and a safe, secure environment against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry
- Practice general safety including fire prevention by monitoring fire panels, pulls stations and smoke detectors; investigate all alarms/incidents and notify internal staff and/or external emergency agencies
- Clearly document all incidents and reports; maintain logs with Windows based computer applications
- Monitor security cameras, cash control escorts, theft deterrence and security alarms for building security
- Base dispatching via a two-way radio, loading dock receiving from vendors and other duties as assigned
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests and fellow employees
- Patrol the buildings and grounds; examine doors, gates, and windows to determine that they are secure
- Perform daily building inspections prior to opening; document any safety concerns found and notify the appropriate departments; other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience working with the public
- Courses related to public relations, safety, fire science, criminal science and crowd dynamics preferred
- Flexibility to work hours that may involve shift work, weekends, and holiday coverage
- Must maintain while employed a state of Tennessee AEMT certification certificate
- Must acquire a state of Tennessee Security license within 90 days of employment and maintain while employed
- Walking, running, standing and climbing several levels of stairs on a routine basis; lifting equipment and packages of up to 100 lbs
The Tennessee Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment that values and supports diversity and equality among staff, volunteers and all of its audiences.