Office Collections Officer (118665)
Income Levy Office Collections Officers perform collection of debts and enforcement of tax laws for the SCDOR in a call-center environment with a focus on security and the protection of taxpayer information.
- Generate and answer telephone calls and correspondence for Individual Income Tax (IIT) in addition to answering general questions including, but not limited to, Sales & Use, Withholding, Corporate and GEAR within SCDOR customer service guidelines.
- Manage IIT work items by using SCDOR computer systems to manage levies.
- Conduct research of IIT accounts by using SCDOR computer systems to balance accounts, determine liabilities, and issue appropriate correspondence.
- Use system to locate and update information.
- Negotiate and process payment plan requests.
- Develop, update, review and train new hires on section procedures.
- Make suggestions and/or recommendations to improve existing practices or processes.
Office Collection Officers are assigned to the Income Levy section as one of the 4 rotational assignments as they progress through the 4 levels of the career development plan.