Programming Contract Administrator (Paralegal)
Position: Programming Contract Administrator (Paralegal)
Summary: Selby/Artists MGMT seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented paralegal who has a passion for the performing arts. This position involves legal affair responsibilities such as analysis, review, drafting, and revision relating to production and programming agreements. The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent oral, written, and computer skills, and can demonstrate the ability to skillfully manage and edit performance contracts. Combine your passion for the performing arts and contract administration with Selby/Artists MGMT, a full-service performing arts management company with a roster comprised of award winning national and international artists. At least two years of experience as a paralegal or law clerk required and working remotely is a possibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote or In Person - Office located in mid-town Manhattan.
- Work with the President and team of Selby/Artists MGMT to prioritize and track the status of agreements and other matters in the contracting process.
- Editing and reviewing performance agreements while managing the information flow in order to acquire an executed contract.
- Oversee each stage of the contracting process with a focus on proactive communication with the team and clients to manage the process for a timely, accurate, and complete contract execution.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience at a law firm or company.
- Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, analytical, and strategic thinking abilities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Interest in performing arts and familiarity with programming, production, and entertainment agreements.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while effectively managing deadlines.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive content preferred.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as on individual projects.
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Is a self-starter with ability to multi-task, possesses excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism and collaboration.
- Can work quickly and adapt readily to changes in priorities.
- Second language: Spanish, French, German or Chinese a plus.
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation leave.
- Winter break, personal, and sick days.
- Access to discounted or complimentary tickets for artists and additional performance upon availability.
Work Environment: This position can take place on-site in our midtown-based office or remote. This full-time is open immediately. In instances of required quarantine, this position will work remotely. Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently.
About Selby/Artists MGMT: Selby/Artists MGMT is a full-service arts management company under the leadership of Margaret Selby. With a curated roster of award-winning and unique artists in the fields of dance, physical theater, opera, and world music, Selby/Artists MGMT establishes and builds upon relationships with presenters across the globe. www.selbyartistsmgmt.com