Fall 2021 Intern- Data Science & Insights (Remote)
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our fall program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
Start Date: August 30, 2021
End Date: November 5, 2021
Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Data Science & Insights team provides actionable information that drives decision-making across the enterprise through statistical modeling and comprehensive data storytelling. They are also tasked with working across all of ALSAC to ensure analysts and business users have the tools, knowledge, and access to the data needed to make strategic decisions in their respective areas. Intern projects and tasks will range from helping build and improve existing data models that ALSAC leadership and decision makers consume to developing data visualizations, reports, and dashboards that synthesize large amounts of data using Tableau. Intern will also assist with documenting certified business processes and data sources using the Alation Data Catalog. The successful candidate may assist with project management, process mapping, data analysis, workflow documentation, and report automation. Intern will take part in supporting the data science & insights team on individual projects that support overall decision making. Intern will document work procedures, processes, and methodologies for future use. Intern will also work closely with the Sr Data Analytics Liaison to create customized learning plan that focuses on his/her areas of interest.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with business partners and ALSAC leadership to gather, interpret, and document requirements for various requests for analytical support
- Working with Data Scientists to learn and understand the value of statistical models using Data Robot
- Providing recommendations for process improvements regarding data analysis and research
- Working with Data & Analytics Enablement team to create reports that simplify technical terms and processes using the Alation Data Catalog
- Collaborating with Data Governance to assist in the decision making process around new data requests
- Brainstorming and providing feedback on enterprise-wide Data Literacy efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Majors preferred: Business Administration, MIS, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science
Technical Skills Preferred: SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, Microsoft Office
Non-Technical Skills Preferred: Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, Good written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, CURIOSITY.
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by August 20, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.