Fall 2021 Intern- Volunteer Operations
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our fall program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: August 30, 2021
- End Date: November 5, 2021
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Volunteer Operations & Experience Fall Intern will work with and assist the VOE team on projects supporting the volunteer experience. This position will provide assistance to VOE staff on planning, coordinating and executing support for events, and ensure completion of projects.
This role will assist with the following:
- Assist with creating standardized role descriptions enterprise wide
- Prepare for and support upcoming campaigns including planning, and coordination of volunteer related projects and needs.
- Partner with the Sr. Recognition Liaison on providing proper national recognition tactics for volunteers.
- Assist in the preparation of campus events.
- Work with Insights & Strategies team to review and analyze survey results from national post event surveys.
- Provide support in the posting of roles onto external sites such as Volunteer Memphis.
Majors preferred: Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, and Communications
Skills preferred: Volunteer Management, Social Media, Event Planning, and Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by August 20, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.