Manager, Science Laboratories
Join our team!
Valencia College is now hiring a Manager, Laboratories to join the Chemistry department.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the operations of assigned campus laboratories in more than one academic discipline. This role provides leadership for the team that supports science faculty and prepares lab experiments conducted by students.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in chemistry or science related field [Required]. Master’s degree preferred with experience in Chemistry or Microbiology desired.
- Laboratory and supervisory experience. [Required]
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32832 - Lake Nona Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: LNC Chemistry
Salary: $47,722 - $57,863 per year
Availability Requirements: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, occasional evenings will be required.
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.