Purchasing Agent, 596820200
- Perform simplified acquisitions, to include market research, identifying potential vendors and creating the solicitation package.
- Review delivery time, minimum requirements and proper item descriptions, evaluates and analyzes quotes to ensure conformance with the solicitation, especially in regards to technical and quality requirements
- Research applicable contract clauses/ provisions for purchases that involve special handling , Inspection, acceptance, packaging, shipping, etc., and determines the best method of transportation for articles ordered dependent on urgency of request.
- Interpret and apply current Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) Supplement, Defense Logistics Acquisition Directive (DLAD) and local agency purchasing regulations, policies and procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors when problems arise using tact and diplomacy at all times when dealing with vendors/contractors.
- Skill and Knowledge of oral and written communication.
- Performs Pre-Award and Post Award Acquisition functions on purchase/delivery orders. Evaluate offers and perform price analysis for reasonableness and recommend award to the Contracting Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned