Job Training Coordinator
Through Christ & community, 10:12 Sports is a ministry using athletics to provide discipleship and job training opportunities to youth. 10:12 empowers our community church partners and leaders to mentor youth through Christ, developing servant leaders and successful decision makers who commit to healthy lifestyles. We are currently in the process of building and strengthening a team that embraces that mindset.
10:12 Sports Core Values
Christ – We believe that Christ came so that all may have an abundant life, so we strive to empower youth to reach their God-given potential with the skills they have been given.
Community - We believe that it takes a strong community to raise a child and are intentional about partnering with local churches, organizations and community leaders to positively enhance the lives of our young men.
Coaching – Sports provide a platform for coachable moments that can be applied both on and off the field. Through our leagues we emphasize the importance of integrity and servant leadership.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Job Training Coordinator is responsible for various aspects within the organization such as: job training, post-graduate mentoring and placement, and data analysis. The expectation is that these areas are managed with excellence and consistency. While there is a focus on these workforce-related tasks, the Job Training Coordinator will be joining a small but mighty team, and therefore (as indicated below) is expected to step into a diverse set of responsibilities. Knowing that all ministry flows from relationships, connections built in the greater 10:12 community are essential to the work.
10:12 sports is an organization that is adaptive to the needs of its students and community. Due to this the Job Training Coordinator may not be working a typical part-time schedule, but instead will be asked (depending on the season) to adapt their hours to meet these needs. The Job Training Coordinator will be expected to work 15-20hrs per week, and Saturdays are mandatory (in season)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operations Management (85%)
○ Aid in managing all aspects of game day including but not limited to setting up the field, producing pre-game show, coordinating officials and overseeing job training.
○ Help in planning the 1012 Annual Banquet and Silent Auction Fundraiser along with additional events designed to cultivate and engage 10:12’s community, including donors, board, league and internal staff
○ Assist in program operations including coaches trainings, scheduling, outing details, and mentor + volunteer program
○ Actively participate in mentoring teens enrolled in the program
Workforce Development Program
○ Lead the hiring, training and ongoing management of the 1012 Sports Game Day Job Program
○ Coordinate weekly work assignments schedule and evaluation of participants
○ Network and coordinate with local corporate and service partners to provide enrichment workshops and job opportunities (financial literacy, job shadowing, mock interviews etc.) for participants
○ Lead ongoing mentoring conversations with Game Day Job participants and individual growth plans.
○ Implement strategy to assist in the removal of barriers to work eligibility
Tracking & Evaluation
○ Manage all tracking and evaluation methods to communicate needs and outcomes to fundraising team.
○ Report on work of 10:12 as needed (annual report, etc)
Partnership Building (15%)
o Build and maintain relationships with community of financial and in-kind supporters including but not limited to businesses and donors
o Aid In recruitment for referees, interns, players, coaches, church hosts and other groups as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
o Person of integrity, actively walking out their Christian faith
o Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
o Willingness and desire to build deep and consistent relationships with the 10:12 community (staff, players, stakeholders, etc)
o Reliable, organized and responsible
o Ability to work independently and take initiative
o Strong desire to mentor teenage males
o Experience working with older youth (2+ years)
o Alignment with the mission and core beliefs of 10:12
o 10:12 works around the schedule of schools and students, flexibility in working hours is needed
o High School Diploma Required (College Degree Preferred)
Timeline 10:12 Sports anticipates filling the role no later than April 10, 2021.
Candidates should submit their Cover Letter & Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org