2021 - Summer Analyst Internship - Technology
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees, of which more than 151,000 are in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises — corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings, and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe, and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas, and a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas and our predecessors have operated in the United States since the mid-1800s, continuing to grow and strengthen our commitment ever since — including our Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) platform and retail presence through our affiliate, Bank of the West. Within the United States, BNP Paribas has nearly 14,000 employees serving over 3,200 corporate and institutional clients, 1.9 million retail customers and more than 110,000 small- and medium-sized business customers.
IN A CHANGING WORLD, WE NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET
We strongly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why BNP Paribas is dedicated to cultivating an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you learn and grow.
As members of CIB Americas ITO, our teams strive to deliver best-in-class technology, security, and data solutions and services to our clients as well as our partners.
- CORE BANKING IT: Regulatory Controls IT (RC IT) is part of Core Banking technology group that supports the Compliance and Conduct and Control Office for Global Markets and Global Banking front-office and other business lines covering Financial Security Surveillance, Electronic Communication Surveillance, other Compliance functions and Regulatory Reporting services. The team is spread across North America and India and composed of functional and systems analysts, developers and other resources.
- CIB AMERICAS IT works closely with our colleagues, partners and users in all regions as part of the global team. We continue to strive for excellence in providing services and fully align with the group's strategic goals. Our team include Prime, Financing, and Collateral that is responsible for the development of fully integrated, client-oriented platform offering prime, financing and collateral management for external and internal clients. Clearing, Client Management, Execution and Regulatory provides expert development offerings in securities, derivatives clearing, client management, execution as well as regulatory services. Front Office provides the best-in-class P&L, Risk, Trading and Market Making systems. Global Markets Solution Design & Strategy provides input to the software engineering topics and works closely with global Architecture and Governance, Controls and Program Management also advising on the overall strategy. Corporate Platform develops, improves and maintains the wide range of applications across the payments, loans, data analytics and trade finance domains, leveraging a mix of both global and regional platforms in accordance with the strategic objectives of the business and operations areas. Architecture is designed to help ensure projects are aligned with CIB architectural strategy, principles and standards. Governance, Controls and Program Management are in charge of establishing governance and controls procedures as well as portfolio management across CIB IT to ensure integration within the global scope. The services include métier dedicated technology support and platform management for North America, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Mexico.
- IT PRODUCTION ensures the provision of industrialized and digital production services to all businesses of the bank in the Americas (NAR and LatAm) in coordination with the Global entities. We continue to strive for excellence in providing services fully aligned with the group's strategic goals. Our team includes: Application Production Support that supports technically and functionally all BNPP USA and CIB LATAM IT systems and ensure stability, efficiency as well as reduce operational risk; Infrastructure & Production is responsible for the IT Platform used by all users in the Americas (User Workspace IT, IV1 and IV2 platforms hosting IT systems and services); Production Security protects the bank by securing the platform and the production with intrinsic security in the core of production operation and design; Unstructured Data Program team deploys solutions around data protection, classification and encryption; Program Management Office is in charge of establishing transformation portfolio management across IT Production to ensure integration within the global scope. The collaboration of these teams allow an End-to-End support and transformation of all IT in Production (Live).
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS 2021
The internship program is our primary source for hiring junior talent into the firm. Over 10 weeks, you will acquire an in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you’ll be with a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. As an intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to hit the ground running and allow you to network with interns across all business lines.
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the bank, gaining the exposure you need to make an informed decision about where your skills and interests are.
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry.
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internships are a springboard to a graduate career with us, so they are not only highly competitive, but intellectually demanding. To secure a place, you’ll need a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to express yourself well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- All majors accepted
- Quantitative/Technology majors preferred
- Excel skills preferred as well as data analysis & interpretation skills
- Project management techniques preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Learning mentality and resourceful nature
- Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all institutional policies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to grasp new concepts
- Proficient computer and technical skills (particularly with Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of program languages, such as Python, SQL, R a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in technology role a plus!
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.