Specialist, Talent Attraction--Sourcing and External Partnerships
The Specialist, Talent Attraction/Sourcing and Partnerships Specialist position will proactively create talent pipelines for a variety of positions for Save the Children US, conducting outreach to established and new sources to foster relationships and networks to drive our inclusive recruitment strategy, building awareness of Save the Children as an employer of choice for all. In this role, you will work with the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to identify broad agency talent needs, and target sourcing gaps for immediate hiring needs. You will be responsible for building interest in our mission and employment opportunities with potential job seekers and job seeker networks, particularly representing marginalized populations, to help build a “top of mind” awareness of Save the Children as a leading employer. You will also be a focal point for our paid Intern & Fellow programs, as well as Contingent Staffing.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Execute inclusive sourcing and talent outreach strategies for assigned targets to ensure qualified and highly diverse communities of job seekers are aware of and attracted to our current and future employment, intern, fellowship, and volunteer opportunities. Sourcing efforts should include job board posts, but even more so aggressive outreach to passive candidates, and constant outreach to new sources.
- Conduct quarterly sourcing meetings with Senior Director, Talent Attraction and Acquisition and Division leads to understand upcoming talent needs in advance
- Develop and leverage internal and external networks and subject matter experts to understand and engage available resources
- Develop and enhance established and new relationships with educational institutions
- Ensure that our open vacancies are advertised as appropriate on existing website partners
Intern, Fellow, and Contingent Staffing (25%)
- Champion our Intern and Fellow program, increasing and leveraging educational partnerships to build interest in our programs for students
- Partner with Employee Engagement team to host engagement activities for program participants
- Serve as point of contact for contingent staffing requests, tracking monthly temporary usage, and addressing any service concerns
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated successful experience in candidate sourcing and relationship management with a proven ability to build effective internal and external professional relationships and networks
- Proven ability to identify and attract talent creatively using a variety of sources
- Proven commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging, particularly as it pertains to recruitment
- Demonstrated success in following established processes and attention to detail
- Proven knowledge of basic Human Resources principles and practices
- Professional proficiency in written and verbal communications in English
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Proven success in time management, organizational, and follow up skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, often with conflicting deadlines
- Proven flexibility and ability to learn new concepts and apply them quickly
- Experience working as a recruiter/sourcer
- Familiarity with Handshake college recruitment platform
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.