Food Science Intern
We are seeking a SPRING Intern able to begin working in January 2021 at our New Orleans manufacturing facility. This is a great opportunity for students to learn in a food manufacturing environment working 15 hours a week during school!
We manufacture iconic brands including Luzianne Iced Tea, Blue Plate Mayonnaise and French Market Coffee. We turn everyday occasions into meaningful moments and have been bringing family and friends together since 1902!
LET’S GET ROASTING! Our FOOD SCIENCE INTERN supports our Sr. Food Scientist by assisting in preparation of new product development benchtop samples, conducting routine analytical and sensory testing, coordinating lab and kitchen equipment maintenance, performing routine clean up, and maintaining stocked inventory. This position will be relied upon to collect data from experiments and occasionally attend plant trials.
GRIND THE BEANS. The crucial step to this position’s perfection.
· Assists New Product Development in the execution of benchtop runs/experiments to commercial production
· Performs and becomes proficient in established testing and operation procedures
· Accurately weighs out the ingredients and blends as instructed
· Prepares product samples for presentations and sensory testing
· Collects and documents routine experiment data using spreadsheets for review and interpretation and provides accurate and timely summaries of experiments performed including data compilation, machine settings, process parameters, recipe contents, etc.
· Safely set-ups and operates process equipment, performs routine maintenance and configures/dismantles the equipment
· Packages and mails samples to plants, vendors, etc.
· Maintains a clean and organized lab for ongoing research
· Other duties as assigned.
BREW THE PERFECT CUP. Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements.
· Pursuing a BS in Food Science or related technical science degree
· Prior experience in the food and beverage industry helpful
· Proactive, self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
· Positive attitude and a team player
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficiency with MS Office programs, must be able to create and manipulate data in Excel
· Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
· Flexible with a strong sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and manage priorities. Excellent follow-up
· Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
SMELL THE AROMA. Family owned company with rich tradition. Amazing experience to learn from our seasoned Sr. Food Scientist with potential full time opportunity upon graduation. Position is located at our New Orleans Plant, 5601 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70126.
Reily Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.