Visiting Senior Research Specialist - Population Health Nursing Science
This position serves as a Visiting Senior Research Specialist providing support to the MiQuit Project with aim to advance cancer health equity through meaningful scientific discovery, education, training, and community engagement. In addition, this position assists Research Scientists/Principle Investigators with their applications for federal or foundation grants and participates in publishing original research in peer reviewed publications, along with assisting in grant writing and progress reports to funding agencies.
- Prior experience working in a federally qualified health care center (FQHC).
- Ability to leverage the electronic medical record (EMR) to assess behavioral health risk factors such as tobacco use on the population level in an FQHC setting.
- Ability to use the EMR to identity smokers that would be eligible for a health promotion behavioral intervention.
- Background in patient experience and qualitative research in a health care setting.
- Design tracking system for participant engagement including recruitment, enrollment, multiple phases of data collection, and payment.
- Develop research protocol for complex data collection from set-up to data downloading and file storage including baseline and follow-up visits and surveys.
- Monitor all day-to-day aspects of participant data collection including scheduling and engagement, monitoring of adherence, follow-up, and payment. Advise PI of issues and refine tracking system and research protocol as the study progresses.
- Hire, train, and supervise research staff including data collector, data analyst, post-doctoral fellow, and research assistant.
- Contribute as a co-author to research presentations and publications.
- Conduct some visits and follow-up telephone calls with participants to implement the research protocol.
Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science preferred. A minimum of 5 years related research experience. Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods. Preferred: Experience in creation and management of patient-based recruitment and tracking systems. Bilingual English/Spanish.
Please provide resume and cover letter for fullest consideration. Please complete the online application at https//jobs.uic.edu/job-board.
The University of Illinois is the largest University in the Chicago area. With several nationally ranked health sciences schools, we offer an unprecedented opportunity for multi-disciplinary care, education and research.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899