HUMAN RESOURCES TEMP/SUB POOL/ INTERNS COORDINATOR
SUMMARY: Under general direction, this position is responsible for creating both traditional and non-traditional
networks that will identify and attract talent professionals who can service our students. Through advertising
and marketing the GCA brand, the Sub Pool/Intern Coordinator will attend community networking events, online
sources and partner and build relationships with Colleges/Universities to create a pipeline for GCA to grow their
own. Additionally, they will schedule job assignments, monitor attendance & quality of work, and keep track of
all documentation and paperwork regarding Temporary, Sub Pool, Interns, Student Teachers, and Contractors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential duties.
● Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in recruitment and selection process;
● Administering and supporting the agency online applicant tracking system (Frontline) for Temps, Subs,
Interns, Student Teachers, and Contractors;
● Partnering with the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Director and hiring managers to effectively
address Sub/Intern needs and issues in a timely manner and ensure position descriptions and
expectations accurately reflect the work performed;
● Secure and maintain a pool of 50 subs, 10 Special Education subs and short-term subs that can serve all
● Visit, partner, and develop relationships with various Universities and Colleges to secure interns and
student teachers based on GCA program model;
● Develop plan to build Intern and Student Teacher Programs;
● Compose and post employment advertisements to various internal and external media; and using social
and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates, researching new ways of using the
Internet for recruitment;
● Maintain a database of all temps/subs/interns/student teachers/contractors, responsible for scheduling,
tracking time and approving all timesheets;
● Temp, Substitute, Intern, Student Teacher, and Contractor exit process and responsible for equipment
return and tracking;
● Responsible for entering all Temps, Subs, & Contractors into Paylocity;
● Review all Certifications prior to hiring and working with Data and Compliance Coordinator on all renewals
and issues that may arise;
● Ensure all fingerprinting and background checks are current and compliant to GCA standards;
● Work with Recruiting/Talent Management as needed for other recruiting needs;
● Developing job-related interview questions, as requested, and maintaining an interview question ‘bank’;
● Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness and performance of all
● Compiling Temps/Subs/Interns/Student Teachers/Contractor statistics and creating reports as required;
● Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
● Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles
pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Document2 Date Last Saved October 21, 2019
1 of 2
● Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions,
maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
● Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions,
helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
● Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and
in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent to 4 years of experience in field
● Minimum of 4 years of Human Resources/Recruitment experience
● Proficient in scheduling
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Great organizational and time management skills
Certificates and Licenses: None required. Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● Proficient in MS Excel, MSWord, and Outlook
● Proficient in G-Suite
● Strong technology skills
● Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
● Ability to pass required background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● This is an office-based position.
● 5 Days/Week in office.
● The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
● Travel up to 25% of the time may be required.
● In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, and testing sites will
be required several times per year.
● Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents
will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further
understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed
except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.