Billing Support Specialist I
- Under general supervision, performs standard billing and maintenance transactions in CIS, metering, and other related systems to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Provides support to ensure operational standards and regulatory requirements are met, data interfaces are effective and data integrity is maintained.
- Processes anomaly and other recurring system reports as part of the meter to cash billing and related processes.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of documentation for department procedures; CIS, metering, or other customer system reports, processes and related information.
- May assist project teams in testing modifications and enhancements to CIS, metering, or related systems.
- Provides customer support services via phone, email and other channels to meet customer experience operational requirements; and support system users or operations staff.
- Requires general understanding of billing and related accounting processes, and strict confidentiality to assure customers’ right to privacy.
- This position will also coordinate closely with administration and field staff in the execution of duties.
- Follows system specifications and maintains interfaces in the system as well as appropriate documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree, or higher, preferably with a related focus PLUS one year or more related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent PLUS two years or more related experience
- Related experience includes:
- Demonstrated experience in an accounting, billing or other comparable role where accuracy is critical preferred.
- Experience in utility billing or metering systems is desired
- Under normal operating conditions, this position will be reporting to the Duluth, MN office. In accordance with the Company’s current work-from-home policy, the position will start as a remote, work-from-home opportunity. The duration of the remote work option is subject to the business need and evolving guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some training may need to occur in the office, with safety protocols and social distancing.
- Requires excellent communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.