Project Coordinator (Austin Water)
The Project Coordinator for Collection Lift Stations will be responsible for coordinating the wet well cleaning program and with Facilities Engineering for capital improvement or IDIQ projects. This position will coordinate with outside contractors for lift station inspections and bypasses. As necessary they will be responsible for pulling permits for projects and ensuring job packets are complete, including traffic control plans and set-up. They will also have to coordinate with a number of other Austin Water groups such as Remote Facilities, Instrumentation & Control, and Electrical.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- May require a valid Texas driver license.
- Strong database experience, and the ability to collect, track, sort, and manage and analyze data in a variety of formats and identify trends and produce reports to governing bodies
- Experience managing and creating work orders for the preventative maintenance and repair of lift stations
- Knowledge of lift station operations
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel and collaborating effectively with other departments or units within an organization to meet business objectives, adapting communication styles to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and working with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices standards