Biologist - Selma, California
The Environment Business Line of Arcadis is seeking a Staff Biologist with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in biology, botany, ecology, zoology, environmental science, or watershed management to join our California High Speed Rail team in Selma, CA. The applicant should have at least one season of field experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Environmental compliance construction monitoring
· Pre-construction surveys
· Biological surveys
· Client site inspections
· Environmental media sampling and water quality monitoring
· Storm water BMP installation and maintenance.
Additional activities include data collection and report preparation support for environmental permitting and compliance with applicable state and Federal regulations (e.g., ESA, CESA, CEQA, CDFW 1600, USACE 404 and 401).
· Field experience/knowledge of small mammals, raptors, burrowing owls, bats, and other California special status species
· Survey and/or field experience with California tiger salamander (Ambystoma californiense) and California red-legged frog (Rana draytonii)
· Plant identification skills
· Field experience conducting wetland delineations.
· Proficient in Word and Excel and have some experience with PowerPoint.
· Experience collecting field data using a GPS unit or using ArcGIS is beneficial.
· Associate degree in biology, botany, ecology, zoology, environmental science, or watershed management
· Minimum 1 year(s) of experience in the field
· Bachelor’s degree in one of the above areas
· Master’s degree in one of the above areas
· Wetland delineation training or experience
· Species-specific training or experience