Public Relations Specialist 2 - Digital Media (Posting 230-12)
PR Specialist- Digital Media Specialist (2330-12)
Deadline to Apply:
September 22, 2020
Hamilton County Job and Family Services
222 East Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
$ 22.40 an hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: Inventory of Criminal Offenses Ruling Out Consideration for Hire. Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication or closely related field
- Three (3) years of progressive/related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital media, visual communications technology or related discipline;
- And at least three years of multimedia design experience, including video production, motion graphics, online presentations, webinars, and other multimedia pieces.
- Command of InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, PremierPro, and WordPress and, preferably, Google Data Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Pro), WordPress, photography and *Google analytics.
- A detail-minded skillset, ensuring all content is current, well written, free of errors and broken links, and aligned with the brand image.
- Strong writing skills.
- Comfort in both an independent and collaborative environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates can be developed after employment)
Public relations; English grammar and composition; laws regarding press; radio and television; photojournalism; news writing; editing and reporting; graphics; desk top publishing; program operations and policies and procedure; state and federal regulations.
operating agency networked personal computer, software and program operating systems*
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; handle sensitive inquiries from public and government officials; research; resolve problems; gather, collate and classify information about people, data or things; prepare and deliver information to specialized audience.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Oversee, update and maintain content for all digital communications — including but not limited to website, intranet, emails and social media channels. Produce and edit videos, motion graphics and podcasts, online presentations, webinars, and other multimedia pieces. Create and manage digital-related communications projects focusing on websites, social media, and creating and using photography, motion graphics, and video. Create and maintain a catalog of graphics, templates, and creative elements.
- Design content for social media, e-mail, campaigns and more. Maintain, monitor and post content on social media platforms, providing quick responses to posts as needed.
- Manage the website and developing content to keep the UI/UX fresh and engaging.
- Shoot and edit photo/video needed for content library and marketing campaigns.
- Develop and sharpen software skills.
- Attends conferences and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.