Sales / Marketing Partner [REMOTE or ON-CAMPUS]
UpMerch is an online platform for businesses and organizations to produce custom decorated apparel and merchandise. Our operation is powered by a team of global partners collectively collaborating to produce high quality decorated merchandise for our customers. Our mission is to empower you, the collegiate Sales Partner, to develop the skills to build and run your own business on campus. No longer is classroom education enough for today's college student to get to the next level. We are here to help you supplement your formal education with real world business experiences. If you believe you have what it takes to become a partner and lead the way to the forefront of industry innovation, we want to hear from you!
- Ownership: Take full responsibility for your successes and failures. Own the outcome of every situation.
- Improvement: Personal development and education is a lifelong journey. Work toward constantly improving yourself by getting 1% better every single day.
- Work Ethic: Your results are directly correlated to your effort. Be self-driven, persistent, disciplined, and have the strongest work ethic in the room.
- Leadership: Set an example through the actions you take. Pull others up with you, do not bring others down. Always go the extra mile.
- Respect: It is imperative to treat all people with respect. Always be kind, humble, polite, positive and use appropriate manners.
- Integrity: Always do the right thing, even when it’s the hard thing to do.
- Communication: Silence is never the solution. If you want something fixed, speak up. When issues arise, constant communication with your customer is imperative.
- Positivity: Radiate positivity, be enthusiastic and always have an optimistic mindset!
Have you ever wanted to run your own business, but didn’t know where to start? Our mission is to empower students to run their own business on campus, with the ultimate goal of supplementing their formal education with real world business experiences. As a Sales Partner, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a start-up by building your own book of business! You will be responsible for executing everything from customer contact, research, marketing, pricing and account support, to closing the deal. While targeting organizations and businesses in your community, you will learn sales strategies and receive advice directly from a mentor who has done it before. The responsibilities will be vast and overwhelming at points, but will also be extremely profitable, educational and provide unparalleled experiences not found elsewhere.
Upon acceptance into the program, the Sales Partner will embark on a four week hands-on development program designed to prepare the Sales Partner for all facets of the position. The development program will cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to, product research, decorating techniques, sales strategies, social media marketing, e-Commerce implementation, negotiation, customer service and personal development. The Sales Partner will have the opportunity to learn from a mentor who has done it before, while also collaborating and networking with other Sales Partners.
- Location: On-Campus / Remote via Zoom
- On-Boarding Dates: Late September - Early October 2020
- Hours: There is no required time commitment outside of the four week development program. With that said, the top performing Sales Partners work 10+ hours per week.
- Compensation: Performance based commission structure
- Minimum Commitment Length: Fall 2020 + 2 full semesters
- Year in School: Sophomore in college is preferred
- Involved with one or more student organizations, preferably a fraternity or sorority
- Substantial interest in general business, sales and marketing, or starting your own business someday
- Excellent work ethic, self-driven, competitive in nature and extremely responsible
- Independent worker, with initiative and the ability to see and fix problems
- Outgoing personality with the ability to network with anyone
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Confident in your ability to succeed
- Unlimited Earning Potential: The average Sales Partner profits $250 per order, equivalent to $50/hour, with the highest earners profiting over $10,000 per year
- Create Your Own Schedule: There is no required time commitment, top performing Sales Partners work 10+ hours per week.
- Expand Your Network: Sales Partners develop relationships, negotiate and close deals with the top leaders in their community
- Bulk Up Your Resume: Through hands-on experiences, you will develop real world business skills, including negotiation, sales, marketing and finance
- Dedicated Business Mentor: Access to an experienced mentor who will provide advice, assist with problems and push you to work your best
👉To help better understand the program, check out a brief informational video here.
📞Or if you have questions? Schedule an information call here!