Transitional Housing Director
NAMI New Orleans seeks a driven and meticulous leader with a LCSW or LPC license for a full-time Transitional Housing Director position.
NAMI New Orleans offers hope, help and healing to people with mental illness – and to those who share their lives – through family support, education and advocacy and quality psychosocial services. Our work helps individuals live with dignity and independence within the community, enriching all of our lives.
As a member of our NAMI New Orleans family, you will:
- Oversee and supervise the NAMI New Orleans Womanspace program, a 24 hour shelter for chronically mentally ill female/transgender adults that provides psychosocial skills training, case management and permanent supportive housing services.
- Provide individual counseling services, intakes, assessments, and authorization requests for the Womanspace program and document all billable services, assessments, and treatment plans in the electronic health record on the same day.
- Conduct, report at and/or attend staff meetings and supervisions, management team meetings, agency meetings, trainings and all Unity of GNO meetings.
- Prepare any and all monthly and annual reports, program plans, narratives, surveys, outcomes, etc. as required by local, state, federal or private agencies including Unity of GNO, Medicaid, MHSD, MCO audits, and CARF.
- Foster a liaison/outreach program with Unity of GNO, PSH providers, landlords, HANO, HUD and other housing programs to promote placement of residents within 60 days.
- Maintain the safety of all program property including: fire drills, inspections, and making sure that all building and vehicle permits and licenses are current and up to code in conjunction with Unity of GNO.
- Provide crisis intervention whenever necessary (some on call nights and weekends will be required).