sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, and New York. The sPower finance team is seeking an FP&A Analyst with at least 2-3 years’ experience in preparing and coordinating budgets, forecasts, and related reporting. The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for aiding in the preparation and coordination of the Company’s budgeting and forecast processes by working with various departments to obtain and organize the necessary information needed. Under the direction of the Senior Analyst, FP&A, the position will play a key role in the Company’s monthly reporting process. Sound judgment, ingenuity, excellent problem solving, organizational skills and a proactive attitude will position the successful candidate to earn a rewarding opportunity with this fast-growing company.
Candidates need excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a positive attitude and the ability to work in a demanding team environment. They should also possess the following competencies:
· Exceptional analytical and time management skills.
· Strong attention to detail, with the ability to understand issues at a global level.
· Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadlines.
· Team player with strong initiative, able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The FP&A Analyst’s duties will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Assist in preparing the Company’s annual budgeting and forecasting process.
· Assist with the monthly forecasting process based on actual results.
· Support and be a key resource for the capex budgeting processes for the Company’s projects.
· Prepare various budget versus actual reports.
· Assist in preparing various items in the Company’s monthly investor reporting packages.
· Coordination and preparation of various budgeting and forecasting presentations.
· Work with various corporate directors to develop and build budgets and forecasts.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
· 2-3 years experience in preparing and coordinating budgets, forecasts, and related reporting
· Experience with Adaptive Planning or a similar planning tool
· Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including experience with financial reporting, forecasting and analysis across the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
· Ability to work effectively with accounting systems
· Experience with complex models in Excel
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills
· Fluent in English
· Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting, MBA
About sPower: Headquartered in Salt Lake City, with offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, and Richmond, sPower is a leading independent power producer. sPower has 1.65 gigawatts of utility-scale and commercial distributed solar and wind generation projects in operation, a construction and development pipeline of over 15 gigawatts, and $3.3B in assets under ownership. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.
sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.