Licensed Mental Health Professional
NAMI New Orleans is seeking a full-time Licensed Mental Health Professional for its Womanspace program.
- Oversee the Safe Haven case load, and provide crisis intervention services, as necessary
- Review the file of each participant for internal consistency and completeness
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of each participant's re-authorization with each Healthy Louisiana Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Engage in dispute resolution with Safe Haven participants, communicate directly with participants and case managers during those occasions, and provide appropriate clinical interventions, when necessary
- Document participant non-compliance or suspected fraud
- Mentor case management employees while they are mastering new responsibilities. Provide leadership and guidance as needed
- Cover the caseloads of other case managers during times of vacation, leave of absence, or staff vacancies
- Audit new client files, and do at least semi-annual quality assurance, as assigned
- Terminate participants for non-compliance with program rules and policies, in coordination with the Transitional Housing Program Director
- Review/audit clinical staff notes for completeness, and intervention effectiveness
- Attend all required training and safety meetings; use, maintain and replace assigned personal protective equipment; report all injuries and illnesses to supervisor immediately; complete and submit incident/accident reports as required; report hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices to supervisor; and follow all safety and health guidelines, practices, policies and procedures. Monitor and enforce the agency's Safety Program, and actively support and participate in Emergency Preparedness tasks.
- Must be on call, on a rotating basis with Transitional Housing Program Director, Overnight and Evening Director, and case management staff.
- Perform any/other related duties as assigned.
-Four years related work experience including a minimum of 12 months experience working with individuals living with serious mental illness, and individuals who are transgender
-Masters degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or Counseling
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
-Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor
-Must provide proof of licensure and completion of graduate education
-Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation with insurance and a clean driving record
Benefits include paid sick time and vacation days, 10 paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, 401K after one year and partial health insurance, vision, and dental. Interested candidates must supply both a cover letter and resume'. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,920.00 /hour