Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It’s time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the general guidance of the Materials Manager and in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures is responsible for optimizing Operations assets to meet production/distribution/customer requirements. Assets included, but not limited to Warehouse department for plant Raw Materials and Packaging Materials and an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) for Finished Products. Ensures that department employees follow all Chicago Bakery, local, state and federal health and safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA. Responsible for the health and safety of all department employees.
* Planning and ordering all raw, bulk and packaging materials requirement planning to run 6 lines of production across multiple product families.
* Inventory value of $8MM of raw ingredients and packaging materials
* 15MM pounds of bulk raw ingredients
* 3,000 pallets of raw ingredients and packaging materials
* Working with Toledo Flour Mill to order the appropriate number of flour rail car shipments for optimum levels of inventory
* Completion of monthly cycle count process
* Support the Associate Manager in the supervision of Warehouse employees
* Support effective cost control programs which support Plant and corporate.
Directly responsible for
1. Manage and execute orders of ingredients &/or packaging for the plant so that an uninterrupted supply of materials is readily available for the manufacturing process. Never let a scheduled production item pause a line for a material shortage.
2. Work closely with Suppliers, Transportation & HQMM to ensure materials are never shorted for production via use of processes to confirm order receipts at the suppliers, and their acknowledgement of delivering on our required date.
3. Ensure of a process & relationship with suppliers where THEY proactively & urgently report any production or shipping/ carrier issues well in advance of actually delivering too late, and enlist supplier, Trans or HQ help to preempt any threat of shortage.
4. Adjust ordering/supply based on the plant schedule to ensure production is never negatively impacted and the plant doesn’t wind up with a surplus of materials. Inbound material arrivals should lead production runs by enough days to have no supply gaps, and pace in as OH inventory is consumed.
5. When obsolete and/or unusable materials are on site, assist in the coordination of the destruction or movement of said materials. This includes coordinating bulk evacuation if necessary.
6. In the case of Bulk Four, work with the SAP system, Toledo planner and the BRC website to order & monitor timely flour deliveries. Be in regular contact with the Toledo contacts to ensure Drill compliance.
7. Execute &/or oversee weekly inventory counts & coordinate adjustments with TDC needed to ensure the floor OH inventory & the system quantities are aligned. Also, conduct physical inventory counts daily to verify material inventory levels align with SAP.
8. Monitor and be held accountable for managing the overall facility materials.
9. In the case of bulk cargo, the incumbent is responsible for updating delivery schedules to accommodate changes in the production schedule, perform status checks to validate the capacity of silos, and manage silo and storage space for receipt of materials with the Warehouse Senior Supervisor.
10. Manage holds & the shelf live report. Execute vendor complaints & returns for credit for flawed materials in conjunction with Quality department.
11. For raw materials, coordinate & execute raw Cycle Counts monthly, have posted, & understand variances. Also, work with the mixing department cycle count lead in conducting weekly cycle counts.
12. In the case of packaging materials, responsible for updating delivery schedules to accommodate changes in the production schedule, perform status checks to validate the capacity of Warehouse floor.
13. Work with HQ NPPs, PCMs, BD and HQ MM team to execute Change Notifications, ordering the new materials & exiting the old as the CNs direct. Update SAP resource material list as needed.
14. Coordinate with warehouse receiving as materials come in to ensure timely receipt of ingredients physically & in the system. Ensure the receivers KEY RECEIPTS into SAP as soon as physical receipt is complete.
15. Provide information and analysis on inventory of materials to support the decision making process related to the management of inventory levels. Suggest the necessary actions to avoid using expired or obsolete materials &/or seek exception with Quality accordingly.
16. Ensure timely and accurate submission of data to manufacturing applications (SAP) to update changes in orders and inventory of materials. Keep SAP accurate in real time.
17. Maintain the database and resources in the SAP system according to the requirements of production, R & D, Quality, Purchasing, BD, Production and Logistics. (SAP Maintenance).
18. Manage the master data in SAP system related to production resources (coordinated with TDC). Purge the system of obsolete data.
19. Collaborate in project launches by providing relevant information in concert with BD & HQ.
20. Create, update, and maintain excel files and databases as needed.
Materials Manager, Associate Manager – Warehouse, Manufacturing Business Unit Managers, Quality Manager, Compliance Manager, Safety Manager, IL6S Manager, Training Manager.
* Bachelor’s Degree (with demonstrated ability) - Economics, Business Administrations, Industrial Management, or related course of study.
* Appropriate work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
* A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
* Individual must have demonstrated ability to maintain a cost effective approach to the purchasing and inventory control functions.
* Ability to communicate effectively, establish good working relationships, and demonstrated management and analytical ability.
* Requires 3 years of operations, distribution or materials management experience.
* Requires 3 years SAP experience.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.