Social Worker Supervisor
- Supervises and provides support, training and guidance to Social Workers, Case Workers and support staff by monitoring and reviewing daily operations to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Works with Social Workers and Case Workers to interview families, provide crisis intervention, and assist clients in understanding the implications and complexities of their mental health situation.
- Assists with the discharge planning process.
- Utilizes software databases and spreadsheets for tracking, sharing data and case management.
- Maintains and submits monthly statistics, including the number of referrals received and the type of assistance provided.
- Engages with attorneys regarding client progress and serves as a liaison when necessary between other divisions, agencies and service providers.
- Conducts audits of casework documentation and client records to ensure compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Maintains records and submits reports as required under the conditions of the grant.
- Develops and maintains a list of housing, mental health and community social service resources for engagement to expand resources available to clients.
- Education and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, social or behavioral sciences field, or in a job related field of study.
- One (1) year of professional work related experience including one (1) year supervisory experience. Independently licensed as a Licensed Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of Texas preferred.
Knowledge of standard software applications. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments, and the general public. Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License, with a good driving record. Must pass an extensive background investigation. Mandatory drug testing prior to employment and will be subject to random, unannounced drug and/or alcohol testing during employment. Standard office environment. Must be able to visit various off-site locations..
An extensive pre-employment background investigation will be conducted on all applicants who have been offered a position with Dallas County. The hiring process involves successful completion of each step. The steps include: Criminal History Review, Traffic Violations Record, Review of Personal History Statement and Documents, Physical Examination, and Background Investigation.
Dallas County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $4713.91 - $5883.31