Medical Assistant (Washington, DC)
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Feel free to read our story, view a Forward Tour with our Medical Lead, learn how Forward is combatting COVID-19, and check out some press: TechCrunch, New Yorker, TIME, Forbes, WIRED and TIME.
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
We are looking for a motivated Medical Assistant who thrives in a collaborative, innovative tech environment. You will be on the clinical frontlines supporting our members, and you'll work alongside highly acclaimed, board certified physicians. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking hands-on clinical experience that can be applied to future medical professions.
- Work alongside physicians to provide personalized primary care
- Use clinical skills for lab collection, testing, medical procedures
- Assist in care coordination of the patient experience
- Assist in building medical policies and procedures
- Perform back-of-house clinical diagnostics
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, physicians, and nurses
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members
- A Problem Solver - You've solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented - You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- Pursuing a career in medicine - this role is great for future RNs, NPs, PAs, MDs, DOs, etc. :)
- Bachelor's degree
- BS degree preferred
- Experience in medical/clinical environment preferred
- Familiarity with phlebotomy or injections preferred, but we can provide training
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.