Cash Management Disbursement Specialist
The Specialist, Account Services Operations is responsible for participating on a team that supports our clients. They will help our clients grow by completing daily workloads in an accurate and timely manner. The Specialist will demonstrate the ability to support one of the following functions: New Accounts, Income Processing, Transfers, Distributions, or Cash Management. Other responsibilities may arise as part of our ever-evolving work environment.
- Processes internal account transfers and distributions.
- Processes beneficiary transfers (both external and internal), as well as, distributions.
- Processes systematic distributions.
- Reviews transfer and distribution paperwork to determine accuracy, completeness and proper authorizations.
- Establishes and maintains transfer and distribution images.
- Processes exception item postings.
- Processes product & cash disbursements from accounts to contra-firms, account owners or other third-party payees via check, ACH and wire methods.
- Determines, assesses and collects any fees applicable to cash disbursements.
- Facilitates accurate and timely processing of transfers and distributions by communicating with internal departments by requesting additional paperwork, asset review and set-up, omnibus accounts and other items.
- Responds to email inquiries
- Researches out of balance items.
- Processes exception item postings
- Manages systems, software and workflow
- Follows up on all outstanding items and participates in Quality Control processes
- Is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for team members, other departments and backs up all team members when needed
- Provides training to new and existing staff including department overviews for those from other departments
- Identifies and escalates operational emergencies and discrepancies to management
- Reviews processes and procedures and makes suggestions on how to improve them
- Other duties and assignments as directed
- Minimum of 2 years of financial operations experience or equivalent
- Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual, able to work as part of a team or independently, with strong organizational skills.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to adapt to change
- Strong organizational skills and prioritization techniques to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- An Associate or Bachelor degree
- Tax reporting and IRS regulatory knowledge
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.