Field Communications Rep
This worksite for this position may be Canton, Ohio or Gahanna, Ohio.
Under direct supervision and guidance, dispatch scheduled and nonscheduled service orders in a safe and efficient manner utilizing radio and computer communications technologies. Possess a basic but growing understanding of the customer systems and applications used. Monitor AMI meters where applicable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Monitor and adjust service work schedules. Prioritize and schedule service work. Monitor and operate multiple frequency/channel radio consoles to call out service orders. Respond in emergency situations.
2) Update service orders based on field or office requests and schedule customer appointments as needed.
3) Provide liaison services between the field and customer services operations.
4) Provide support for minor work management failures in work locations where that system is used.
5) Investigate cause of unprocessed orders and initiate corrective action.
6) Where applicable, monitor operational status of AMI meters and initiate field investigation orders where needed.
7) Where applicable, process AMI ( Automated Meter Infrastructure) related field orders by use of AMI Head End System.
Minimum Requirements/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education requirements are listed below:
High school diploma or GED.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Two years work experience.
The required Pre Employment tests are listed below:
- EEIDEB - SASS Basic Data Entry
Physical demand level is Sedentary
1. Basic PC Skills
2. Must be available to work rotating shifts and both scheduled and nonscheduled overtime as required.
3. Successful completion of the Support and Administrative (SASS) selection tests are required for this position. A review of Employment Testing Information, Test-Taking tips, and the SASS Practice Test may be helpful. A link to these materials may be found at AEP.com Careers by selecting Employment testing.