Security Operations Specialists Career Opportunities
What does a great Security Operations Specialist do?
Fiserv is a global corporation with offices and operations in 22 U.S. States and 37 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. The Joint Security Operations Center (JSOC) is responsible for creating and disseminating security-related products and proactively monitoring worldwide events that might have an impact on Fiserv’s assets, employees, or operations in the U.S. and overseas. These events include civil unrest, natural disasters, fires, accidents, utility outages, and weather phenomena. The JSOC monitors access to Fiserv facilities as well as various alarm and security systems. In addition, the JSOC assists employees on business travel by providing security and safety briefings when traveling overseas. The JSOC is a 24/7/365 operation.
As a Security Operations Specialist, you can look forward to:
- Global Security & Investigations (GSI) has overall responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of all Fiserv personnel and facilities worldwide.
- Key program areas that fall under GSI include Executive Travel & Protection, Investigation & Operations, Intelligence & Threat Analysis, Health & Safety, Personnel Screening and Physical Security.
- GSI is currently seeking an entry to mid-level professional candidate who can assume the role of a Security Operations Specialist within a state of the art, Joint Security Operations Center (JSOC).
- This opportunity will provide the candidate with excellent experience in an enterprise Corporate Security and Intelligence environment.
- As part of the JSOC team, the incoming candidate will be primarily responsible for providing timely alerts and writing short briefs for Fiserv senior leadership focusing on security, weather, or business continuity issues that arise around the world.
- Moreover, the candidate will actively support other tasks in the JSOC, including incident response, crisis management support, and handling the Security & Data Privacy Hotline.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, particularly in History, Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Criminal Justice, or another related field.
- MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Knowledge of Security Systems, Computer Networking
- Knowledge and interest in world events, including political, social, and economic issues; Strong desire to participate in analytics and research of world events as they pertain to Fiserv resources
- Ability to master numerous internal and vendor security software programs
- Solid writing skills with a keen eye for grammatical accuracy. Strong oral communication skills, with an ability to relay incident details concisely and accurately
- Self-Starter – Highly motivated and quality conscious – requiring little or no supervision. Ability to work with a team of physical security experts under potentially stressful conditions.
- Ability to provide timely, accurate reports for senior leadership. Supervisors are often tasked to write Informational Reports, sometimes in less than 15 minutes, which detail events occurring around the world and assess their potential impact on Fiserv’s assets, employees, or operations.
- Veterans with an Honorable discharge, Military spouses, or Active Reserve status a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.