Description: The intern reports directly to the Producing Director. Intern will have the opportunity to serve as an integral part of the summer Play Projects Workshop at San Francisco Playhouse. Students pursuing careers in education, especially arts education preferred.
Learning Opportunities in this Position:
• Managing a classroom
• Create and produce an original performance piece
• Curriculum Development and Execution
• Special Events Planning
• Research Skills
Duties Include but not limited to:
• Assist Producing Director with the preparation and execution of Summer Play Projects Workshop
• Assist in the development of lesson plans and theatre exercises
• Assist with outreach to secure students
• Maintain and update all documents pertaining to Workshops, including Script Copies
• Outreach and Coordination of guest artists.
• Strong interest or background in Theatre (educational or extracurricular)
• Excellent Communicator
• Passion for learning