Internship - Space Mission Support - Vandenberg Air Force Base
RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities like this one!
Provide general administrative support to the following programs; technical training/qualifications, technical library management, manning and crew certification, and internal compliance inspections
· Update and maintain databases and data collection systems
· Support launch crew certification and qualification verification processes
· Track and monitor training status using database applications
· Assist with plan and design processes and make recommendations for improvement
· Arrange and participate in meetings and project team activities
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with superiors and peers
· Accountable and self-starting with a strong work ethic
· Able to listen, practice positive communication, respect for others, help others, share, see other points of view
· Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
· Experience preparing written correspondence and reports
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access databases, desired
· Experience operating a variety of standard office equipment including; computer, scanner, phone, shredder and photocopy machine
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Able to quickly learn new software and web based applications
· Able to portray a professional appearance and demeanor
· Able to maintain regular, consistent attendance, punctuality, and adhere to relevant procedures
· Occasional travel required; must be prepared to travel to local job sites, as required
· The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
· Must be willing to obtain and maintain National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI), which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
· Must possess REAL ID Federal Compliant Identification Driver’s License
What We Offer
· Practical experience with varied business activities
· Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished business professionals
· Opportunity to attend business meetings and networking events
· Flexible work schedules
· Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants.
· Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
· Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.