DSE, Pricing & Revenue Management Intern, Fall 2020 - Orlando, FL
The Disney Signature Experiences vacation collection includes some of the most unique and memorable vacation options imaginable, with brands including Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
The Revenue Growth Initiatives team is responsible for providing strategic pricing & revenue management support to optimize demand and grow long-term profitability for the collection of Disney Signature Experience businesses, with a focus on Disney Vacation Club and Adventures by Disney.
Candidates for this role should possess a strong ability to leverage analytics to develop objective insights, communicate effectively to work collaboratively with a wide variety of partners and prioritize and successfully manage high-impact projects.
A Day in the Life:
- Perform detailed analyses using financial and statistical modeling techniques to evaluate the impact of new initiatives, measure performance and determine growth opportunities
- Translate business challenges and large data sets into actionable insights to influence key stakeholders and leadership
- Optimize pricing and revenue management decisions in order to grow the business
- Build complex models and analyses to identify trends, patterns and irregularities in key metrics to help drive business decisions
- Build and maintain recurring reports using various systems (Tableau, SAS, Excel, etc.)
- Consolidate competitive research and industry benchmarks
- Experience analyzing data and reporting on the results using Excel or a statistical software package
- Ability to effectively translate data points into actionable findings and create compelling presentations using PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, independence, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Business acumen with proven strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with SQL (1), Tableau (1), Python (2) or R (2)
- Experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Previous experience in an analytical field, preferably in Hotels/Resorts, Food & Beverage or Travel & Tourism
- Disney College Program or Professional Internship Alumni
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Economics, Analytical/Business majors, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Marketing, Statistics, Finance or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through January 2021.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Vacation Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.