Capgemini Consultant Role - Programmer/Developer - Ann Arbor, MI/Dallas, TX
Who are we?
● We are global. With more than 200,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries.
● We are results oriented. A global leader in consulting, technology and professional services, The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
● We are committed to delivery. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
● We invest in our people. Capgemini helps each new consultant hit the ground running with a robust training program. Throughout your career, we offer structured programs and on-the-job training to provide you with the technology and professional skills to help you be a successful consultant and support your professional development.
● We live our core values. Capgemini provides a collaborative environment that embodies and holds the following stated values close to heart: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun.
What can you expect in a career with Capgemini?
● Growth: Throughout your experience at Capgemini you will have multiple opportunities for growth both personally and professionally. During your first year, you will be a part of the Capgemini365 program. This first year experience program is designed for you to have mentorship and guidance while you are kick-starting your career at Capgemini. Within North America we have a Learning & Development Team, multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Talent Development Team that will help assist you throughout your career.
● Collaboration: Capgemini prides itself on be a collaborative organization. Majority of our projects are team-centric. You will work alongside technical, functional and industry specialists to assist with the development, implementation, integration and management of innovative solutions using a variety of methods, techniques and tools.
● Exposure: Capgemini has a footprint in a variety of industries including Telecommunications, Media and Television, Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution, Energy, Utilities and Chemicals, Manufacturing, Automotive, Life-sciences and Services. As a consultant you will have the opportunity to gain exposure across industries.
● Guidance: Your network at Capgemini begins the day you apply to the organization. You will be introduced to a variety of key stakeholders throughout your onboarding experience. These individuals will guide you throughout your career.
Community: While Capgemini is a global company, we create communities whether that is virtual, in the office or at a client site. When you join, you are introduced to your first Capgemini community through the two week onboarding program.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal Capgemini consultant possesses the following qualities:
● Interest in working with technology to design, quality check and manage various solutions and advancements for our clients
● Excellent communication skills
● Eager and desire to learn new things in a rapid-fast paced environment
● Analytical and problem solver
● Desire to work in a culturally diverse, team-based environment
● Overall resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic personality
What will be my first role?
Our informal motto is “it depends”. In client serving roles, we are rapidly evolving to cater to the current market. Sometimes we may ask you to be flexible in taking on a new role. Below is a brief description of the role(s) you may fill:
Programmer / Developer:
Programmers and developers are responsible for programming and developing software using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code, programming per the requirement, fixing bugs and quality assurance. In gaining experience as a programmer, they become responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, monitoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documenting policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are learning and developing the knowledge, technical skills and core consulting behaviors required to succeed in Application Services. You learn an appropriate methodology and acquire knowledge of either a business domain; a Package Based Solution; or a technical tool / programming language. You demonstrate flexibility and versatility in meeting objectives, and should be able to manage your workload and update management on task progress.
Candidates for our Consultant position should additionally possess:
● A Bachelor's degree
● A minimum GPA of 3.2 of 4.0
● Baseline skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Functional Architecture Design & Project Financials, KPIs & Reporting
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
● Technology Degree: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Engineering
Is Capgemini right for you?
Review the questions below to decide if Capgemini is right for you:
● Do you possess a desire to work in a technology focused environment with a multitude of well-known clients?
● Do you possess excellent communication skills and the courage and motivation to become a future leader within Capgemini?
● Are you flexible, possessing the desire to continuously learn new things in various environments?
● Are you a creative team player who would be interested in working with talented people from all over the world?
If you have answered “Yes” to the questions above, we encourage you to apply online via your University’s Career Center Website.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
● Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
● This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Ranked one of the “Best Places to Launch a Career” – Business Week
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.