Research Internship - Disney Channel Research, Summer 2020–Burbank, CA
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this by utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Disney Channels Worldwide, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
- Introduction to Kids TV and Digital Landscape Research Analytics - including collecting Nielsen ratings data, using Nielsen and third-party software
- Data entry and proofing for accuracy across multiple reports
- Assist the Disney Channels Worldwide Research team in many aspects of data collection and help to create some analysis
- Partner closely with other Research Analysts to support the full research team
- A can-do, positive attitude that fosters a collaborative team environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of TV/Media landscape
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Nielsen data and use of software such as NPower, StarTrak, and myEVNTS
- Experience with Amplitude
- Sophomore or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Business, Media, Marketing, Mathematics, Economics or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May 2020 – August 2020. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at the time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Television, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.