Disney Channels Worldwide, Consumer Insights Intern (CA) - Summer 2020
As the voice of the kids and family audiences of Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, and Radio Disney, the Disney Channels Worldwide Consumer Insights team are partners and advisors to many departments including; Creative Development, Programming, Marketing, Brand, Digital and Business Strategy. Working in close collaboration with in-house teams and external consultants and experts, the DCWW Consumer Insights team produces innovative, award-winning qualitative and quantitative research that informs and impacts departments across the division.
A day in the life…
The Consumer Insights Intern will primarily support Cultural Insights (75% of your time), which focuses on what trends are intersecting with kids and families. You will assist in the execution of qualitative and quantitative studies, desk research, and primary fieldwork with kids and families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and scan YouTube, social media, news outlets, and academic research to help Cultural Insights stay on top of emerging or shifting trends, behaviors or values impacting kids and/or families
- Help the Cultural Insights Sr. Manager brainstorm new cultural trends to explore via desk research, qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Contribute to and create engaging trend newsletters on what’s hot with kids and families - build and co-present trend presentations
- Help manage research in our online panel, including survey design and data analysis
- Provide support for content and pilot test focus groups (prepares stimulus, reviews pilots, takes notes)
- Produce detailed analysis of competitive shows
- Create and edit presentations to be creative, impactful and executive-friendly
- Maintain department reference documents and files
- A curious nature and interest in Consumer Insights / Market Research
- Relationship builder, one who excels in a collaborative environment
- Can self-start, work autonomously, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and reporting on the results
- Passion for Disney and Disney Channel, its properties and characters
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media native
- Experience using Office Suite
- Experience using Keynote
- Experience using Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Excel
- Experience with Project Management
- Presentation graphics ability with iMovie
- Previous Consumer Insight, Market Research experience, or experience in the Kids and Youth space (coursework counts)
- Knowledge about media landscape trends and emerging technologies (SVOD, YouTube, etc.)
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree including psychology, sociology, anthropology, linguistics, cognitive science or another related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May 2020 through August 2020.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at the time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: You must be able to find and provide your own housing for the duration of the internship.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Television, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.