ABC Ratings Research Internship - Burbank, CA - Summer 2020
As an intern, you will assist the ABC research department in many aspects of data collection, data input and entry, and some limited analysis. You will learn introductory skills in collecting national and local Nielsen rating data, using Nielsen and third-party software. You will assist in providing our clients with a wide range of reports, tracking and projects regarding television viewing across broadcast, cable, syndication, and digital.
•Using ratings software to pull ratings for programs
•Assisting in creating local market syndication pitches
•Assisting in managing data for SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) services
•Assisting members of the department as needed
•Strong attention to detail
•Willingness to be flexible, learn new software
•Strong proficiency in MS Office with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
•Previous internship experience in a similar industry/entertainment
•Strong interest in television and media
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Dependable and mature demeanor
- Interest in the entertainment industry
- Have prior experience in market research
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be available from May-August 2020
- All candidates must be willing to work at least 20 hours a week, 40 hours per week is preferred
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Television, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.