Real Estate IRBD - 2020 Summer Analyst
Job Title: 2020 Summer Analyst – Real Estate Investor Relations & Business Development
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Real Estate Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $157 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets, and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
In this role, the Summer Analyst will be involved with supporting the global capital raising efforts for the Real Estate business. Summer Analysts will work on multiple projects supporting all aspects of the marketing and fundraising cycle, utilizing a range of skills. Summer Analysts will spend significant time with professionals across the global Real Estate group, including the Acquisitions, Asset Management, Legal & Compliance and Finance teams, and will also work with other business units within the firm.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining presentation materials for investors and senior management
- Conducting macro/micro research
- Drafting quarterly reporting documents for investors
- Completing due diligence questionnaires and preparing responses to investor queries
- Supporting broader team and contributing to business development initiatives and strategic projects
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, mature and intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. The successful candidate should have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and execute a wide range of assignments
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit; passion for excellence and desire to learn
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- A desire to work in a team environment
To be considered for the 2020 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.