STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking four (4) Access Technicians throughout the state. These positions provide assistance to the Wildlife Division's Access Yes Program by helping maintain and enhance public hunting and fishing opportunities while meeting wildlife management objectives.
Human Resource Contact: Laura 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Assist Regional Access Coordinators with sign maintenance, hunting and fishing season presence, & landowner relations.
- Communicate effectively with landowners, sportsmen, and Department personnel.
- Coordinate with Department personnel concerning public hunting and fishing opportunities.
- Provide customer service to landowners, hunters, and anglers during hunting/fishing seasons.
- Interprets legal land descriptions and reading of maps delineating land ownership.
Preference will be given to those with a bachelor's degree in wildlife management, range management, biology, zoology, ichthyology or who are working towards a bachelor's degree in wildlife management, range management, biology, zoology, or ichthyology.
**Agency requires that the successful applicant possess a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of wildlife management concepts, principals and practices.
- Knowledge and interpretation of legal land descriptions.
- Self-starter able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Well developed communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of general outdoor skills.
- Skill in use of GPS and reading maps.
- Knowledge of statutes and regulations related to hunting and fishing.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Excellent physical condition and ability to work outside and perform under adverse weather conditions and difficult terrain often during long periods.
- Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work alone in the field in a rural setting.
- Ability to positively work with and facilitate relationships with the ranching and hunting communities and other interested individuals as a team.
- Ability to use small power and non-power hand tools
- Able to safely operate 4-wheel drive pickup and ATV in various terrain and road conditions.
- Travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Positions may be based in Casper, Green River, Laramie, and Sheridan regions.
- Potential duration of employment May 16, 2020– October 31, 2020; duration is flexible.
040-Game and Fish - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 12183
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.