Guest Services, Lead
JOB TITLE: #1351 Guest Services Assistant II – History Center
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Minnesota History Center, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $15.26 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (1,044 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program & Retirement program with employer contribution.
CLASSIFICATION: 58L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Guest Services Manager III
POSTING DATE: February 7, 2020
DEADLINE DATE: February 21, 2020
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to sell admission tickets to the History Center Museum and Minnesota State Capitol, sell memberships to the Minnesota Historical Society, greet and orient guests, provide customer service to a wide array of visitors, and lend administrative support.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) promote and sell MNHS memberships, admissions, and public program tickets in person and by phone; 2) handle multiple phone lines as a primary telephone resource for general MNHS phone calls; 3) greet and welcome guests to the History Center and MN State Capitol; 4) assist with day-to-day operations as needed; 5) assist with sales reporting, refunds, special programs, bank deposits and other administrative ticketing functions; 6) provide support for administration, museum operations and other departments; 7) assist in store purchases and retail operations.
● Strong oral communication skills, ability to listen and be responsive to questions and comments.
● Demonstrated reliability and ability to provide consistent, high quality customer service.
● Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse public in a friendly and open manner.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate and contribute positively in a team environment
● Strong personal computer skills including intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and with GOOGLE suite.
● Ability to complete record keeping and a variety of reports, including accounting and math skills.
● Familiarity with technology, particularly admissions or retail software.
● Ability to work a varied and flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
● Ability to lift 25 pounds.
● Willingness and availability to work a varied schedule that may include shifts on Monday - Friday, Tuesday nights until 8pm, weekends, and holidays.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Previous experience mentoring, coaching, training and providing work direction for staff or volunteers.
● Experience with Shopify and/or Tessitura software.
● Knowledge of retail display and marketing techniques.
● Knowledge of Minnesota History programs and services.
● Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and point-of-sale issues.
● Retail sales and admissions experience in a museum/historic site.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181.