Technology Compliance & Risk Summer Internship
The New York Times is seeking inventive and motivated interns to join the Technology Risk and Compliance team. In this role, you will be an active member of the Technology Risk & Compliance team helping to identify and reduce technology risks utilizing various techniques and working with multiple teams within technology to execute.
Every day, journalists at the New York Times report more than 200 stories from dozens of countries around the world on topics ranging from major international events to the best way to roast a chicken. Those stories are read, listened to and watched by millions of users across our web and mobile products.
About our Team
Technology Risk and Compliance helps ensure the New York Times remains compliant with relevant laws, regulations and best practices. We oversee technology risk strategy; governance, policies and standards; compliance monitoring and reporting; PCI compliance; ERM Tooling; GRC tooling; and generally where compliance and technology intercept. We are members of the Risk, Information Security & Compliance department and work closely with our Information Security colleagues.
As a tech risk and compliance intern, you will:
- Work with technology teams to identify risks
- Work with technology teams to address identified issues
- Help to build our GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) processes and tools
- Examine existing policies and procedures to identify gaps / duplication. Propose / draft edit and/or new policies and procedures.
- Assist with process and automation as appropriate
To thrive in this role, you are excited about and interested in learning more about enterprise architecture, tooling, and IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance. You are analytical and thorough in the identification and remediation of technology risks in our environment. You have a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. Experience with scripting languages, regular expressions or APIs is a plus.
About Our Summer Internships
- Our internships are paid
- It is 10 weeks long, starting on or around June 1, 2020
- You will work from our midtown NYC headquarters