Sales Development Representative
Tessian grew by over 300% in 2019, and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. Our commercial team deals with every aspect of the client journey: making initial contact to start the conversation, closing deals, and making sure that every one of our clients has a fantastic experience and gets the maximum benefit from our platform.
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be running your own outbound selling process: prospecting, developing, and qualifying prospects to build pipeline for our future growth. You’ll be researching accounts and leads, sparking new relationships, and convincing new prospects to explore our product offering. You’ll spend the majority of your time connecting with prospects on the phone, via email and through social media. You'll be expected to consistently meet and exceed monthly targets, and we will help guide you to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert guidance and coaching to develop your commercial skills.
This role will be based in our new San Francisco office - while being part of a wider team with our London office, where we are headquartered.
You will work closely with, and learn from, a team of people who have consistently scaled one of Europe's fastest growing startups, closing deals with the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world, while still in their 20s. We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that SDRs will move into Manager roles, or progress into closing deals as Account Executives within 18 months, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
As a team of highly motivated and intelligent people, we have a strong belief that we require the brightest and most enthusiastic people to help us realize these goals. If you have a background of exceptional achievement in any field and can show that you are committed to succeeding in your career at a hyper growth technology start-up, we’d love to hear from you.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- With a passion for providing the best customer experience from initial call to won deal
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial career
- Can demonstrate examples of a desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Demonstrates diversity of thought and curiosity
- Has first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to new people
- Is results-oriented and committed to achieving goals
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleague, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new office of a fast-growth, Sequoia-&-Accel-backed technology company
- Great startup culture
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews
- Generous PTO policies
- Flexible working hours and work from home policies including flexibility for parents and caregivers
- We offer three tiers of plans, with the lowest tier of Aetna health insurance 100% paid for by Tessian (no employee contribution required), with a $0 in-network deductible.
- 401K Company Match: 100% of first 1% and 50% of next 5%
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on including laptop, phone and peripheral accessories
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Monthly fitness subsidy of $60 towards ClassPass
- If you’re coming from far away, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the global company is international and we are always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move. Please note however that we are unable to sponsor US visas.