Bird Farm Technician
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATAW99-12199-Bird Farm Technician-Sheridan
CLOSING DATE:02/14/20 11:59 PM
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Bird Farm Technician located in Sheridan, WY. The successful applicant will assist with the propagation and release of Ring-necked pheasants, including maintenance of facilities and equipment. This position primarily works April through December.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Help with the propagation of pheasants, including maintaining shelter and providing food and water.
- Monitors the development of pheasants, including collecting and incubating eggs, hatched chicks and medicates as needed. Help maintain broodstock.
- Maintains buildings, grounds, equipment and vehicles and other assigned duties; assists other Department employees in the Sheridan Region as needed.
- Give tours and provides information to the public on the development and operation of the Sheridan Bird Farm.
- Sorting, moving, loading and releasing pheasants.
- Able to work in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Must be self-starting and able to work alone.
Preference may be given to applicants with prior farm and ranch experience.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Skill in detailed observation and recognizing the problems of animals.
- Skill in coordinating and completing multiple tasks.
- Skill in working with the public.
- Skill in decision making and interpersonal relations.
- Knowledge and skills in carpentry, plumbing, and vehicle repairs.
- Ability to operate farm machinery such as tractor, chainsaw, cement mixer, ATV, mowers and hand tools.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- In adverse weather and road conditions, operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle with our without a trailer loaded with pheasants.
- Work varied hours, including some evenings, early mornings and weekends.
- Heavy lifting (50-80 lbs), and proper use of farm implements and other equipment.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Position is contract (At-Will Employee Contract), working primarily April through December.
040-Game and Fish Department - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATAW99
Job # 12199
ATAW99-12199-BIRD FARM TECHNICIAN-SHERIDAN
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.