Investment Product Management Summer Associate
Grow with Capital
Come and be part of the exciting world of Capital as a Summer Associate! Bring your energy and fresh perspective and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll work on a challenging project that has a real impact on our business, but you won’t go at it alone. You’ll be part of a collaborative team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll learn about the financial industry and you’ll have opportunities to sit down and talk with senior business leaders.
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Within North American Distribution (“NAD”), Capital’s distribution arm, resides the Global Asset Class Services department and, within that, the Investment Product Management (“IPM”) team. The team’s mission is to represent our investment process, philosophy, and competitive advantages of our strategies in a compelling manner. The team partners closely with the Investment Specialist group (our primarily external-facing counterpart) and sales leadership across various client segments (e.g. Wealth Management and Institutional Retirement). The team helps to identify and meet the needs of our sales force while leveraging media and technology to creatively deliver messaging with respect to our investment products, process, and philosophy.
As an IPM Summer Associate, you will support Capital’s investment product offerings. You will gain exposure to product positioning and competitive knowledge, as well as fielding client and advisor inquiries regarding Capital’s investment offerings. You may contribute to product strategy and planning of new investment solutions and provide broad support to the sales force. This work may be a mix of both ad hoc and recurring inquiries, reporting and projects.
What we are looking for:
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in junior standing.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Interest and curiosity in financial markets and the investment management industry.
- Analytical, comfortable working with large data sets, applying analytical rigor to drive insights and solutions.
- Self-starter who is an agile learner and analyzes problems in new, creative, and collaborative ways.
- Intellectual curiosity, a sharp thinker who actively and positively contributes in a group dynamic.
- Embrace and incorporate feedback for continuous development.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
What a summer at Capital offers:
- 12 weeks of robust summer programming, including challenging and meaningful assignments.
- Competitive compensation.
- Access to senior business leaders.
- A network of influential colleagues, experts, and thought leaders.
- Collaborative and genuinely supportive work environment.
- Opportunities to participate in community service events.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.