Middle School Strategic Mathematics Teachers
Strategic Math Teacher
Milwood Middle School
KEA, 10-month (1.0 FTE)
Scope of Responsibilities
Demonstrate exemplary classroom literacy strategies and possess a deep understanding of mathematics theory/practice for the purpose of improving student achievement results.
1. Assist classroom teachers in providing focused interventions to small groups of students.
2. Demonstrate ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with instructional staff and students.
3. Regularly analyzes data and monitors student progress while delivering focused intervention to students.
4. Evaluate student achievement for the purpose of placing students in appropriate intervention and support services.
5. Participate in on-going and job-embedded professional development (e.g. staff meetings; study groups, demonstration lessons, workshops, training) for the purpose of gathering information related to literacy.
6. Maintain accurate files and records for the purpose of determining student needs.
7. Prepare lessons plans related to differentiating instruction and providing interventions while adhering to district scope and sequence guides and curriculum.
8. Demonstrate professional demeanor and confidentiality during relationships with community members, Kalamazoo Public Schools personnel, and families.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in elementary education with 5+ years of effective elementary classroom experience.
2. Mathematics (EX) and General Elementary (ZG) endorsements for Elementary.
3. Experience with successful research-based instructional strategies.
4. Experience with data analysis and literacy interventions.
5. Documented competence and experience in teaching literacy using researchbased
6. Demonstrated expertise in working with parents of students who are
academically and behaviorally at risk.
7. Excellent communication and relationship-building skills; demonstrated ability to
effectively work with various socioeconomic and diverse populations.
8. Demonstrated ability to plan and implemented effective professional
9. Receptive to mentoring and coaching.
Please apply online at www.kalamazoopublicschools.com
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer