1041 IS Engineer Assistant - Software Engineer
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is hiring IS Engineer Assistant - Software Engineers. Under the general supervision of the ITT DevOps Manager, this position is responsible for designing and implementing front-end applications, backend services and integrating web services with APIs to support a large and complex technology service delivery landscape. Work with the IT Management team to turn user requirements into customized features and provides expert experience and opinion allowing for the addition of new features to meet current and future requirements for both internal and commercial applications. Software Engineer will gather and evaluate business solution requirements, create application proto-types and mock-ups based on those requirements; perform Agile software development and helping to facilitate cross-functional development teams, using adaptive, interaction; and continuous application life-cycle improvement as well as the design and testing of APIs.
Additionally, this position will also participate in all aspects of the systems development cycle, including needs analysis, cost-benefit analysis, systems analysis and design, feasibility analysis, technology and software assessment, solution needs analysis, project planning, system installation, implementation and testing, transitioning work products into production, technical and procedural documentation, user training, and post-implementation assessment. View official job posting for more details.
An associate degree in computer science, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Experience in analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units/ forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Completion of the 1010 Information Systems Trainee Program may be substituted for the required degree.
- The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred to hiring.
- Experience in designing RESTful APIs, API proxy, and API management
- Experience with bug tracking tools, version control tools, build automation tools (e.g. JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins)
- Microservice development and operation experience with Containers (Docker) in Hybrid environment
- Experience with Git and AWS services including S3, ECR, and ECS
- Experience in designing and developing using Event-driven architecture to provide real time data pipelines for existing systems and building composite applications.
- Experience in supporting airport operations functions and systems.