Job ID 46959
Apply on or before 1/27/2020
· The Accounting Specialist is responsible for accurate preparation of financial reports and reconciliation of accounting data for the Ringling Museum of Art. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for:
· Posts journal entries, including feeds from FSU’s OMNI system into Financial Edge, and accounts payable entries and may create correcting journal entries. Responsible for completing monthly/yearly bank and G/L reconciliations to ensure financial statements are accurate. May enter coding information in OMNI. Prepares monthly reconciliations and obtains required approval signatures.
· Reconciles department ledgers in OMNI and Ringling Accounts in Financial Edge. As part of the reconciliation process, assists with monitoring of the department's financial transactions such as requisitions, purchases orders, travel authorizations, and expense reports. Notifies the department of any discrepancies that are noted and prepares correcting journal entries. Manages the preparation, review and dissemination of financial reports for the Ringling and New College Joint Chiller Plant & Ringling’s general utilities. Prepares data for Chiller Plant invoicing. Prepares, maintains, and performs financial analysis of the Chiller Plant’s operation metrics.
· Ensures sound environment of internal controls and compliance by monitoring and reviewing policies on an ongoing basis. Performs periodic fiscal audits of departmental staff products to ensure internal controls are adequate and to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures. Makes recommendations to the Assistant Director of Budget and Finance and Senior Accounting Specialist in the development of departmental policies to improve internal control procedures and ensure compliance with the University policies and procedures. Serves as back-up for preparing Ringling financial statements.
· Serves as back-up for others in the Accounting department for any necessary budgetary functions and other fiscal related duties as needed. Provides reconciliations to auditors upon request.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and two years' experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.
· Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and preparation of financial reports.
· Ability to review and reconcile financial data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of fiscal control systems.
· Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously. Ability to meet project deadlines.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Previous experience with OMNI (Oracle-PeopleSoft).
· Previous experience with Financial Edge.
· Previous experience working in non-profit and/or governmental accounting.
· Previous experience in public accounting.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated Salary Range will be between $35,000 and $45,000 + Florida state benefits available. (http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/benefits_home)
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.
About the Ringling
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling's campus in Sarasota, Florida (which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.