Merchandising Assistant College Intern
Who are we?
To ensure customers buy what we sell, our merchandisers do everything from writing PO’s, managing inventory, forecasting sales, and building strong vendor relations all within their very own product portfolios.
What will you do?
This isn’t your typical introduction to the merchandising/buying process! As a merchandising assistant intern for the Women’s Fashion Team, you’ll wear many hats . . . everything from assisting in facilitating vendor appointments (selecting products, negotiating discounts, and taking part in marketing discussions) to planning team outings! We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for the industry and view this role as a stepping stone to a career in buying. We provide the stone . . . you provide the step! The majority of time spent in this position will be assisting with the buying process.
- Order writing
- Inventory analysis
- Inventory management
- Product selection
- Product categorization
- Invoice reconciliation
- Vendor communication
Are you a match?
- Retail Merchandising (or related) major, with a strong passion for buying and some knowledge about buying and the merchandising industry.
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Ideal candidate will have relevant retail experience.
- Proficient computer skills; knowledgeable on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A desire to make work fun and enjoyable.
- Excellent follow-up and documentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Internet savvy, familiarity with e-commerce.
- Must have a sense of urgency, be self-motivated, and be proactive.
- Friendly, polite, professional, and flexible.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2020 (did we mention we'll help with that?!).