Merchandising Analyst College Intern
Who are we?
We are a team of analysts that utilize our financial and analytical skills, combine them with our passion for fashion, and infuse rich insights into customer behavior in order to be an integral part of reshaping the fashion and retail industries with our buying team. We work very closely with our merchants to find opportunities to improve the business, to achieve financial goals, and to deliver WOW to customers internally and externally.
What will you do?
This summer internship is a glimpse into merchandising analytics and will provide you with great exposure to a variety of responsibilities, such as learning how to navigate our retail systems and tools. With your newly acquired skills, you will be able to provide rich insights to merchandising partners on inventory health (brand, category, SKU) and allocation by leveraging data resources and turning it into actionable insights
- Evaluating brands and categories for opportunity and risk, and partnering with merchants on next actions
- Analyzing product lifecycle and extracting insights
- Effectively delivering ad-hoc analysis to flesh out opportunities and risks
- Providing actionable insights to merchandising partners on inventory health to achieve financial goal
Are you a match?
- Finance, Accounting, Planning, Merchandising, Business (or related) major preferred, along with a strong passion and knowledge of Merchandising
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience utilizing Excel, data sets, multiple variables, and ability to learn business intelligence tools to inform decisions
- Approaches work with a curiosity and critical thinking mindset
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Internet savvy, familiarity with e-commerce
- Retail experience preferred
- Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
- Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2020 (did we mention we'll help out with that?!).