Software Engineering College Intern
Who are we?
Our team builds, integrates, and maintains all the systems to support Zappos, including the website, internal and external tools, and systems. We can do this because each person on our team is empowered to make stuff happen. Essentially, we do stuff on a daily basis that keeps customers, vendors, employees, and ourselves happy all while partaking in shenanigans. This includes but not limited to; table top gaming, happy hours, n64 gaming, CAKE, and snowballing multiple really bad but slightly awesome one off ideas into reality!
What will you do?
As a software engineering intern, you'll get to dive deep into a number of cool projects. You'll work on your programming skills, collaborate with seasoned developers, and learn about front-end and back-end systems. You’ll take your current development tools to new heights and discover how your tools can do more for you. You’ll apply knowledge to everyday problems from coding to culture alike.
Are you a match?
- You have a desire to make work fun and enjoyable (this is first on the list for a reason)
- Computer science or engineering major, or if you just have a strong passion and knowledge of crafting great software, we are OK with that too!
- Ability to dig in and learn new technologies/frameworks/libraries/etc. (you'll learn a lot!)
- Knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with web services
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to multitask
- Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2020 (did we mention we'll help with that?!)
Team Fun Fact:
We like to shoot each other with nerf guns… a lot! (Suggested: bringing protective eyewear for the nerf wars)